Monday, July 17, 2006

Ciisuma SANA!!!

Ciisuma sana means everything is awesome here (it also means a bunch of other stuff too - Bemba is wacky).

Okay so the big exciting news of the week is I found out my site for the rest of service and right now I am on second site visit in Luapula!!! Yes, this means I will be living in Luapula Province for the next two years!!! For those of you keeping track, this IS the same province as Elliott, although he is very far from me. However, we will see each other a lot at the PCVL house in Mansa.

Right so my site is going to be so amazing!!! It is in the most tropical area of Zambia. I will be able to see Lake Mweru from my house. Nchelenge is my BOMA (British Overseas Management Area - it is like saying municipality or town) and I am 32k from there. My friend Lea is on the other side of Nchelenge and we are about 60k apart, but we can meet on the white sandy beach (I guess Lake Mweru looks like the ocean) which is about an hour and a half bike ride from each of us. My site is right on the tarmac and great for public transport. I could not be happier!!! I may even have cell service. However, there is no internet place in Nchelenge, so you may never hear from me except via cell phones.

I have a new address for packages only:

LIBBY BENNETT, PCV
PO Box 710150
Mansa, Zambia
Africa

Lots of love and hugs to you all. (I am currently writing from the most expensive Internet place in Zambia - which doesn't make it faster.) I have to go meet a bus to Kawambwa for my second site visit with Kim.

Thank you soooo much to everyone who has sent me mail and packages!!! I'm thrilled about getting mail and will write to you so much more when I get posted. I've been really busy during training. Oh yeah, CALL ME. My phone is always on!

Hugs, Smooches, and general LOVE!!!

LIBs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home